The Alumni Chapter Grant Program
About the Alumni Chapter Grant Program
The Alumni Chapter Grant Program is designed to enable CEU alumni chapters and individual members of the CEU Alumni Association to engage our diverse, global network in positive action that may directly benefit the university, its graduates and their local communities. Activities funded in this program include professional, social and civic development projects designed by CEU alumni in their countries of residence. The aim of the grant program is to build up a mutually beneficial and enduring relationship between alumni and the university.
Who Can Apply
CEU alumni chapters, groups and individuals.
Types of Projects We Fund
The program supports activities that may fall within, but are not limited to, five major categories:
1. Career Exploration: providing career consulting and mentoring to recently graduated CEU alumni; organizing company visits; inviting guest speakers to present on professionally relevant topics for the local CEU community.
2. Socials and Networking: organizing mini-reunions for CEU alumni and friends; networking events; orientations for newly-admitted CEU students who are either preparing to depart for or who have already arrived at CEU.
3. Fundraising: building a culture of philanthropy to support current and future generations of CEU students by organizing fundraising events, lottery or raffle nights, quiz nights and other local giving initiatives.
4. Student Recruitment: assisting the CEU Recruitment Team at career fairs and related events in your city; organizing presentations at your college; promoting CEU online and offline.
5. Mission-driven activities: fostering open societies.
Applicants are encouraged to propose activities that cover more than one of the above categories.
Funding: Amounts, Sources and Guidelines
The Alumni Chapter Grant Program is funded by the Alumni Relations & Career Services (ARCS), Development (DEVO)and Recruitment offices of CEU and is administered by an Alumni Relations coordinator. Proposed projects may be funded fully or in part, which is decided at the discretion of the funding officers.
The ARCS office may request that applicants modify their budget proposals in order to accommodate partial funding. The average amount available for each Alumni Grant depends on the number of grant applications submitted. Grants typically fall within the range of 500 - 1,000 EUR.
Application Guidelines and Timing
Grant applications are accepted on a rolling basis year-round.
Each applicant must submit a proposal using the online application form, which will be reviewed by the CEU Grant Application Review Committee, comprised of the ARCS, DEVO and Recruitment teams.
Proposals should reach the Committee at least 2 months prior to the planned start date of the project or event. The committee will make a decision within 20 business days of confirming receipt of the original submission.
NOTE: The Alumni Chapter Grants Program is not intended to fund the purchase of special equipment, individual payment for the organizers or any political activity. Materials published with the help of funding from the program must be reviewed and approved by the committee prior to dissemination.
Grant allocation is a direct transfer to the supplier or reimbursement; invoice and/or receipts are required for both. Further instructions will be discussed with the qualified grant applicants.
Click here for the online Application Form:
There is no word or space limit, so please feel free to use as much space as you need to complete the application.