Whether you reside near or thousands of miles away from your alma mater, CEU offers a wide variety of voluntary and philanthropic opportunities. From student recruitment to local chapter organizing, from mentoring students to financial support, there's no end to the ways in which to stay involved with your CEU community!
Alumni are among the most loyal and generous supporters of CEU. Over the last seven years, alumni have contributed more than $340,000 to the Alumni Campaign. As a result, more than 50 students have received Alumni Scholarships and been given the opportunity to study at CEU. When making contributions, you can designate your donation to student scholarships, a specific academic department or the CEU Annual Fund.
Join your CEU classmates and friends who have already participated in shaping the future of the university! Learn more about how your gift can make a difference!
NEW! Online referrals from alumni to prospective students
Help CEU to attract talented students from your home country with the alumni referral program! Alumni play an important role in spreading the word about CEU worldwide.
If you know a prospective student who may be a good fit for CEU, please help us get in touch with them using the Alumni Referral online form.
The Alumni Ambassador Program
Be an ambassador of the sophisticated and multifaceted cultural CEU experience!
Organize social events and online or offline information sessions for prospective students in your home country or city of residence. By inspiring young people in your own country and sharing your first-hand CEU experience with future students, you provide priceless assistance to your alma mater. With your help we gain excellent students, while you gain a whole new network of friends around the world.
You may also apply for a grant to help finance your event. Learn more on the Alumni Chapter Grant Program page.
What to do if you want to participate in recruitment:
- Write to the Recruitment Team about any events taking place in your country, organization, or community, where CEU can be introduced.
- Make a presentation about CEU: you can download a presentation about CEU from this website.
- Individually, or together with other alumni volunteers, introduce yourself to the local CEU coordinator and let them know of your willingness to participate in recruitment activities.
- Counsel the applicants who have been offered a place of study at CEU.
- Send us your ideas about how to promote and represent CEU in your area. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials you can use for recruitment:
- Presentation about CEU (in Power Point Format) which you can download and use as a template for your own presentations
- Recruitment Handouts: CEU Poster, CEU flyer (Hobsons), Call for CEU Application and other useful handouts from the CEU Recruitment team. Write to email@example.com for more info.
Here you can find useful links that help you to keep your info about CEU up-to-date:
- The Roma Access Program
Local Chapter Building
One of the most fulfilling ways to get involved is to actively participate in your local alumni network. Help building or maintaining a local CEU group and support a vivid and active alumni community. Alumni Chapters and groups in many counties or cities provide platform for people with the same interest, education and worldview. If you are not yet a member of any alumni group, do join one and benefit from the endless opportunities brought by CEU alumni network.
Would you like to get involved or set up a new Alumni Group?
- Is there any Alumni Group around?
- How do I start up an alumni group in my area?
- Timeline for Activities (for Chapter Leaders)
- Timeline for Activities (for Alumni)
- Learn about the CEU Alumni Council
- Apply for funding from the Alumni Chapter Grants Program
Can you recall the times when you were still student, trying to find your career path? When you were eager to get some inspiration from others? Especially from those with the same experience and, maybe, similar challenges?
Now it’s your chance to offer this advice to a younger fellow from CEU: be a career mentor! Whether you are an experienced professional or you graduated recently, but willing to share useful tips for entering the job market, you are welcome to join the community of alumni mentors. Help students explore their options, give insights into your career path, profession or workplace culture, share your thoughts about the value of CEU degree or the need of acquiring other skills. You are not expected to offer jobs or internship position, information and guidance would be more than welcome.
Want to share your professional experience and advice with CEU students? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org! We will be glad to put you in touch with students interested in your area of work.
Looking for a mentor yourself? We can help you get in touch with fellow alumni working in the professional field that interests you. See what the CEU Alumni Mentorship program is all about.