Information for Recent Graduates
Congratulations on the successful completion of your CEU degree! We are thrilled to welcome you to the expansive community of CEU alumni living, working and making history across the globe.
While your records are being transferred to the alumni database,* please take a moment to scan this page and learn about the benefits, services and opportunities that your CEU alumni membership can offer you.
Find CEU Alumni in Your Country
Whether you plan to go back home or move to another country, take advantage of CEU's global alumni network by getting in touch with your local alumni group. CEU has alumni chapters in over 60 countries across Europe, North and South America, Africa and Asia. View all alumni chapters.
Alumni chapters regularly organize free social, networking and recruitment events, as well as conferences and special projects - sometimes with a little financial help from CEU thanks to the Alumni Chapter Grant Program.
Remember that relationships are your best personal and professional asset. Your fellow alumni are the best source of support and inspiration after university, so be sure to stay in touch with them and contact the alumni chapter volunteers near you.
ALUMNI BENEFITS & SERVICES
As a CEU alum, you can enjoy a wide range of free services and discounts from CEU and partners. Alumni are eligible for free access to the CEU Library, an alumni username and password for this website, discounts with cafes, restaurants and other services by CEU partners in Budapest and more. For more details, visit the Alumni Benefits page.*
* Please note that there is a transitional period within which your records will be moved to the alumni database. You can order your Alumni Card at the earliest on August 31 following your summer graduation. If you wish to make use of any CEU services and benefits in the period between your graduation and August 31, please contact your academic department for assistance. You will find a complete list of CEU academic departments here.
CEU CAREER SERVICES
All career services that you enjoyed as a student are also available for you as an alumna or alumnus. This includes personal career consultations, invitations to career events and workshops, access to the CEU Job Vacancies Board, the Career Resources Database, which contains career advice, jobs, internship and fellowships portals, professional networks, career tests and explorers, and much more.
Using CEU Computer Labs & IT Services After You Graduate:
- All MA student accounts will be closed at 8 a.m., Wednesday July 31, 2013 (exceptions listed below)
- If you would like to request a temporary transitory account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 21, 2013. (Please write `Temporary Login Account Registration`in the subject line.) Temporary transitory accounts will be available until 8 a.m., October 31, 2013. With these accounts computers can be used in the labs and the library.
- If you are starting a new PhD program immediately after finishing your MA, you will automatically get a new PhD account.
- Please make sure you save the contents of your P: drive and your GroupWise emails before your account closes on July 31! Please also inform your contacts that your CEU e-mail address will change. Should you require assistance with saving your data, please visit the IT Student Helpdesk on the Basement floor in Nador 9 Monument Building. Please bring a blank CD or pendrive to store your files.
- DPP students will retain active accounts until December 15, 2013.
- The accounts of 2nd year MA students of the Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Gender Studies, Medieval and History departments will also remain active for the next academic year.
- Students who have a prolonged thesis submission deadline will have their accounts active according to the information provided by their department.
- Thesis submission deadline of Human Rights students and long thesis writing students of Legal Studies department is extended, so their accounts will be closed on the 31st of December 2013.
- Students in special situations (i.e. prolonged thesis submission, sickness) have a unique account closing date agreed with their department coordinators.
If you have any questions about your alumni status, or just feel like saying hi to the team, drop us a line at email@example.com or visit us in the Mezzanine Area of CEU Nador u. 9, Monument Building.